So it's the middle of January and I'm uploading holiday pictures. Santa brought me a Macbook Pro and I'm having fun trying to figure out how everything works. It's only been a couple of weeks but already I know...this computer rocks. ;)
More pictures of Christmas #1:
Everyone was interested in the new Mac (Chris too). Sam had a field day pawing the wrapping.
I hadn't blogged about the holidays because they weren't over...we had an extended Christmas this year. No brag, just fact.
1) Christmas at our house was on December 24th. Justin & Barbara and Jennifer & Chris, plus me & Don...and Sam (of course). Food (Surf and Turf...Shrimp Gumbo & Ribeyes) presents, and fun for all.
2) The "Little Christmas" we celebrated on January 5 with Jason & Wendy and Alahna and Kirra, Jennifer & Chris, me & Don and Sam. Food (Chicken Fricassee, boudin and Popeye's chicken) presents, madness, mayhem and fun for all!! No murder took place though Kirra did bop her sister a time or two.
3) Mardi Gras Christmas on January 6, when we went to Twelfth Night Revelry at the Civic Center. Technically this wasn't Christmas, but celebrate we did. Fun for all!!
4) Our first Duplantis Family Talent Night and Caterpillar Christmas was celebrated on January 7, following a family photo session and dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Justin (Barbara had to work), Jason & Wendy, Alahna and Kirra, Jennifer & Chris, me & Don and Sam. Food (snacks and Jo's Party House cupcakes), presents (CAT Diesel Power stuff) madness, mayhem, and fun for all!! Again, no murder except when Kirra protested (earlier) about her cupcake server. But all's well that ends well, and cupcakes were eaten (later). Many, many cupcakes.
5) The Deer Hunters Christmas we celebrated on January 8 with Justin, Hector the dog, Jason (who provided the deer, this deer that is...Don's already gotten 2 himself), Wendy, Alahna and Kirra, Jennifer & Chris, me, Don and Sam. Food (backstrap is delicious), madness, mayhem and fun for all!! No murder, but Sam and Hector had a couple of snarky moments. Kirra was an innocent bystander.
6) Christmas, the finale, on January 9. Jason & Wendy, Alahna and Kirra, Jennifer & Chris, plus me, Don and Sam. Food (Smoked Turkey, King Cake and cookies) madness, mayhem, and fun for all!! Games were played...Pirate's Dice and Swap. Presents were saved for the next morning, right before our grandgirls boarded the plane.