Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year's ~

New Year's Day is a cool holiday. You don't have to cook (at least I don't, and I don't think you should either). You don't have to dress up. You don't have to give anyone a present. If you're not into parade watching or College Bowl games, you can skip TV. I do. It's not like Thanksgiving where watching the Dallas Cowboys is the highlight of our afternoon.

My mom believed in eating black-eyed peas and cabbage on New Year's...you know, for good luck. Her mother believed in that too. I don't. I'm a fairly lucky person, no peas and cabbage needed.

What do I believe in for New Year's?


Well, I believe in Dillard's. ;)

A few years ago I stumbled on the huge sale at Dillard's on New Year's Day and my eyes were opened, I saw the light. The 50% off Christmas sale to goes to 75% off. And here's the most important part... (listen closely, grasshopper): ALL the clearance, the pink-ticket items, are an extra 50% off! Crazy-good bargains, available for that day only. The stuff legends are made of.

I heard that our store here had the highest one-day sales of any day since they opened. I believe.

Happy New Year's!!!

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Wow! I didn't know that! I'll have to remember for new New Years!

RaeAnn said...

I am a believer too!!!! Sign me up for next year!!!!