Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick...

While we were in CA, Jason wanted us to try out his awesome new gun, it's an AR-15, which is a semi-automatic. We drove to another county for a round of shooting (the family that shoots together...). We all took a turn, even me. There is video, and no, I'm not going to post it. In the unlikely event that I ever decide to run for public office, I have to think of my political future...anyway, here's a few shots. ;)





These guys are tough. They shoot, they eat meat, they have guns. Their look says, "Leave our women alone, stay away from our cattle...and get off our property!" OK, so not so much...but still, don't mess with a Louisiana man when he's eating crawfish. :)


Just to show that we're well-rounded and enjoy more civilized pursuits than shooting in the mountains, we also went to see the poppies. Antelope Valley has a Poppy Preserve that's a big hit. The poppy is the state flower of California and they have a Festival every year to celebrate. So, it's not Contraband Days, but still.







As beautiful as the orange poppies were, I was watching...anyplace that has warning signs about rattlesnakes puts me on alert. Poppies are good, snakes are not. Never, not in a million years. Case closed.



To be continued...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

You're right...these are beautiful photos! :) Thanks.

Carolina girl said...

I love the Mardi Gras umbrellas and the poppy pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time. Those California girls are sure cute!