Saturday, February 11, 2012

Find the perfect shoe, then come out and play

This is not becoming a shoe blog. I promise. But sometimes something grabs you and you just have to beat the drum, form a circle around the campfire, grab a guitar and sing "Bye bye love, bye bye happiness, hello loneliness, I think I'm gonna cry..." OK, I digress. The topic is shoes.

Here it is: Keens

I'd heard about Keen Shoes for many years now. My bro-in-law Charles is quite fond of his. My sister Lou Ellen loves hers. I wasn't buying the whole camping, hiking, water shoe that you can wear in the woods. I don't hike, I don't camp, I don't get in the water except to take a bath or get in the hot tub.

Then something crazy took hold of me and I wanted some. Right away. For our cruise. I figured that if I used Amazon Prime, they might make it in time.

They're crazy good. Here's the ones I bought, the Keen Venice H2, in Raya Blue.

No better time to take them for a spin than around the deck of an ocean-liner, exploring foreign ports, and shopping.

I'll let you know how it goes. But it's looking pretty good so far.

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Cute, and I bet their so comfy. Yay for fun shoes!

Made In The South said...

I have some and my kids laugh at me, but they are so comfortable.
I just wear them at the camp when they are not there. LOL
Sounds like a great trip coming up. Looking forward to seeing your pictures, have fun!
Melissa