Thursday, September 15, 2011

Eight is Great!

This is our oldest grandchild, Alahna. She turned 8 years old recently and was baptized and confirmed a member of our church. It was such a special day. She wore a darling white satin and lace dress. She looked just like a princess. And so she was.


We were all so happy we could be there with her. We (the Mawmaw & Pawpaw of this tribe) flew to California. Aunt Jennifer came too.


Alahna was baptized by her daddy. He was so proud of her. Her mom and Kirra were proud too. Everyone loves her so very much.



She got some special gifts...my sister Lou Ellen gave her the pink pearls she is wearing here. She looks very grown up. But don't worry, she's not that tall yet...she was standing on a chair.




Alahna made some big promises that day, but she got some big blessings too. I know how happy she was, and I hope she remembers that feeling always.



I love you, sweet girl.

6 comments:

Lou Ellen said...

Alahna is so beautiful! I know it was a happy day for her and a big blessing in her life. Wish I could've been there~

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

She is a beautiful girl! Thanks for stopping by today and thanks for the nice comment. I hope I didn't make you sad. That is a coincidence that your cat was named Sam too. We have a dog now but prior to that we always had a cat. Our last cat Otis passed about 5 years. I really miss having him around to curl up in my lap when watching tv. So easy to get attached to our pets. They are always like one of my kids.!
Lisa

Susan said...

Thanks, Lisa! I appreciate it. And yes, he was like one of the kids...our old cat baby-boy. :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

What a beauty!

Carolina girl said...

She is gorgeous! I know you must be one proud Maw Maw! Great pictures!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Your grandaughter is beautiful! I know you are so proud of her! :)

Thanks for coming by my blog for a visit! So sorry I didn't get back to you before now. Last week was a busy one for us...getting ready to go out of town, then was out of town! LOL! I found the letters and circles I used on my pumpkins at a local plant nursery. But they are just vinyl stick on letters. If you know of any place that carries the initials so popular, that people are putting on their cars (initials/monograms, they are the same thing. I have cut out my own in years past with my cricut machine, using the vinyl sheets. They all hold up well in the weather under a porch! Hope this tidbit helps! I've never checked at AC Moore, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby, but I bet they would have something similar as well! :)