Monday, May 17, 2010

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun...

OK, I'm guilty. I ate, I drank (diet soda), I danced around in my pajamas. Yes I did and I'm proud! We had a houseful of sleeping people (2 babies) and Keith Urban was on the Late Show, what ELSE could I do???

Anyway, we had some good food, a whole lotta fun, and an intense round of Pirate's Dice (our favorite!). My niece Clarissa & her hubby Wade and their girls came over to visit last week. Wade figured it was time he got in on the crawfish around here. After all, his girls are part Cajun...he needs to know from whence they came. So off to Sausage Link we went, in search of our roots.


It's not a true Cajun-deal unless you: 1) order boiled crawfish and boudin balls 2) in a former convenience store 3) with granite-topped tables 4) with a baby perched on top. Check!!


Something hilarious happened. Just take my word for it.


Jennifer shows how it's done. Her Cajun heritage is intact.





The weekend before was Mother's Day. We took Don's mom, Mary, out to eat at Pat's of Henderson. The frog legs and oysters were delish! It's not easy to get these two to smile in the same picture but I did it. I'll never tell...



On Mother's Day afternoon we continued our long-standing family tradition of having a crawfish boil (Jason gets the credit for starting that).



Sam lounged on the trailer while we ate. He is happy I'm his mother. You can tell by the look on his face.


I got some nice gifts for Mother's Day. My favorite was a Southern Living Galveston Memo Board. Love it! Justin and Barbara got me a pretty basket of flowers.


And a good time was had by all. ;)

2 comments:

Lou Ellen said...

Great post! Love the pictures. We're so proud that Ella ate an entire boudin ball by herself. Milestones, milestones...

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

You do these posts so wonderful...what a gift.