Friday, July 4, 2014

Stars and Stripes Forever

I love Independence Day.  I'm proud to be a citizen of the USA. I try to stay informed and make good choices.  I'm a firm believer that America is exceptional - that we are a free nation based on democratic ideals and liberty.  Our Declaration of Independence was (and is, still) an inspired document.

Seeing our flag fly always makes me proud.  So does patriotic music.   This is only one of my favorites:
  



The colors of our flag - red, white & blue make me happy.  Especially at home!  

My new mixer is Candy Apple Red.  Honestly, how can you not love red?    








Although it came with a glass bowl, it seemed a bit cumbersome to use so I quickly ordered a stainless bowl.  It is perfect!!  






I've got friends who have Fiesta, but I never thought it was for me.  My house isn't a multi-colored place where it would fit (or so I thought).  Then I innocently bought a few little fruit bowls on clearance at Dillard's and promptly fell in love with Fiesta. Kinda.  Not all colors, but the blues...my favorite is Lapis Blue.

I had some Mother's Day gift cards and ended up buying some luncheon size plates in that color. 




How can you not love blue plates?  They're cheerful.  And even though they're not exactly the same, they also play nicely with my cobalt blue Le Creuset serving pieces.  




That blue is heavenly.






One morning last week, at 6 am I woke up (this is normal).   

I said goodbye to Don before work and immediately hopped out of bed (so not normal) and started setting the table (ditto).  




Don wasn't sure what had gotten into me.  When I was done I went back to bed, and when I got up later I was kind of surprised at how much I loved it!  





I used my Lenox Butler's Pantry plates under the Fiesta, with some new red-checked napkins from Pottery Barn (clearance) on top.  Oh happy day.  



The water goblets were just $1 each, I bought those long ago at Garden Ridge.  

I made a roast last Sunday and it was awesome to eat on the pretty plates.  The roast was delicious, too.  At least Alex, Jennifer and Don said so.

We didn't use the napkins yet, but we will.  Believe it!






I'm proud to be an American.
I love my family.  I love my country.
I love our troops and am grateful for them all.
I love the flag.
I love red, white & blue.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

That is a very beautiful table and it is well photographed as well!

Lindsay and Mike said...

So cute!! I love it!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the red, white and blue decor...from that great mixer to the wonderful Le Creuset....your table is just so pretty and festive!!!